Sunday, September 6, 2009

This could be painful

Today I started crossfit.

Instead of the workout of the day, which was:
  • 6 x (400m with 25 burpees)
I did:
  • 3 x (~300m with 10 burpees)

And almost died.

I am excited about one day being able to complete a workout as it is written. Although, I know that there could be a bit of vomiting to get to that point.

To assist in my efforts I've been reading about Pose running; I'm hopeful that the technique limits the knee pain I experience and also helps improve my running speed, which has always been terrible in the past.
Of course like anyone undertaking a new fitness regime I've made a purchase. Introducing the Nike Zoom Waffle Racer VI
They are very light, stiff, recommended by the Pose crew and at only $80, much cheaper than the Asics runners everyone else wears. They are listed as cross country / dirt running shoes which seems to fit the local soccer pitch surfaces perfectly.

For the record at the moment my lift PBs are:
Dead: 325lbs
Squat: 245lbs
Bench: 190lbs
I have no running times, but will endeavour to get some over the next fortnight.

I'll decide on some goals when I get back to the gym and see how much strength I've lost.

Here's hoping I don't die from too many pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment