Sunday, April 4, 2010

XXC Magazine

Good mountain bike magazines are hard to find here in Aus. To the detriment of the articles and photography most are really equipment focussed. I understand that people love equipment sports and that advertisements pay for each issue, however, I knew there must be a magazine with an alternate and intelligent focus.

XXC is that magazine. It focuses on extreme mountain biking (long rides) in unique environments all over the world. The stories are well written and without trying to sound patronising I was surprised at the calibre of the journalists (I did some googling). The photography is also great as you can see.




It always feels as if the people were motivated to travel, motivated to pedal and then motivated to write. Whilst I've never spent more than a few hours on my bike I find myself captivated by the amazing endurance and commitment described. One day...

Also, It's on $2.99USD for an electronic copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment